Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Last Weekend, Next Weekend, and the Bits Inbetween

Well, the weekend just gone, I did roughly nothing.

Yesterday, as you know, I told several of the people I work with. My other boss also knew by the end of the day and talked to me about it too.
I told the other couple of people I thought I should tell at work today (one had already heard rumours off the jungle drums ;) (hmm, who used that phrase recently in a different way?). That only leaves one person, and I don't feel a need to specifically tell him, as we hardly know each other.

Loud Jack (Well, I thought I'd aim for some slightly imaginative pseudonyms ;)asked whether I had another date lined up for Saturday already! lol :) (Neither do I have one, nor would I want one)

He then appeared to "recommend" I "try" some young, single mothers...

lol, it didn't occur to me until I began writing that line, that the description could apply to Roses and Dianne ;) Ok, just let me point out for the record that that IS just a coincidence ;) No offence, ladies ;)

I've not put enough effort into looking for anywhere since Friday. With that in mind, I've booked Wednesday and Thursday off, to give me a chance to concentrate on booking some more viewings and easily having a chance to make them without worrying about missing out on work.

Obviously, there have been some questions so far, but overall, I've had time to "adjust" to the situation, so it's not like they're too difficult or shocking to answer. I suspect the fun will start Saturday night ;) Especially after BB's wife is a couple of drinks in - he said he asked her to promise not to ask any questions, but, well, she has no fear ;)

Saturday should be fun though, and I think overall I'm probably looking forward to it :)

11 comments:

  1. *smacks IM round the head*

    Cheeky git!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've seen/read 'About a Boy' by Nick Hornby, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. [Ignores the smack round the head] (That's not a suggestion that you do it harder next time! ;)

    Ing: Erm... Well, I think I've heard of it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-P'''''

    Don't make me come over there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From imdb.com

    "Plot Summary for
    About a Boy (2002)

    Will Freeman is a hip Londoner who one day realizes that his friends are all involved with the responsibilities of married life and that leaves him alone in the cold. Passing himself as a single father, he starts to meet a string of single mums, confident in his ability to leave them behind when they start to ask for a commitment. But Will's hope of a continued bachelorhood is interrupted when he meets 12-year old Marcus, in many ways his complete opposite."

    Well, there's always the first bit? *ducks another 'incoming' from Rose*

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sharply flicks IM and Ing's backside with damp coiled teatowel*

    Roses, rise above it, only in their dream.

    'Loud Jack' sounded....sympathetic then?!

    and...

    (Actually, i am not a single mum)

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Actually, technically, neither am I)

    *grabs another tea towel to help Dianne*

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Ahh so..."

    (said the oriental Inspector)

    "I hab got it wong wid dem boef"

    Is it the 'single' bit Roses? I'm nearly single, give it a couple more months ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now, then we have to get around to the word "try" in loud Jack's comment implying the said personages would be indeed 'up for it'...and then relating that to us???

    Up for it indeed ~ and i can't even change a duvet cover properly ;~) I think i've forgotten how.

    I suppose he did say the word "young" and included me, so...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am technically a divorcee.

    Dianne, are you thinking too much again?

    I'd be very disappointed if that were to be the case, I've been on the lookout for a wedding outfit. I haven't had a good cry at a wedding in years.

    Damnit, one of us has to live happily ever after; I voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic tea towel action, ladies. ;)

    And, y'know, I had thought that specifying "young" may have been good, but nooo, you had to go ignoring that bit, didn't you ;)

    Roses: Are you accusing Dianne of thinking too much? Why, that almost sounds like an accusation of paranoia to me... ;)

    Wait, what's this, do I hear the rustle of a tracksuit suggesting a Fairy Godperson may just have enough "happily ever afters" for all? :)

    ReplyDelete