Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Crispy Ramble

I was recently in a conversation with some Americans about crisps and favourite flavours. I remembered that conversation as I was doing my shopping yesterday, whilst staring blankly along the crisp isle.

That's why I decided to take this picture:


So, it's not like I randomly or often take photographs while I'm at the supermarket or something *cough*

But the thing is... How unfair is that? I mean of all the flavours, why can you get a packet of 26 Cheese & Onion but not any other single flavour? Like, especially, Salt & Vingear!
And, just to rub salt (& vinegar) in the wound, both types of variety 26 pack come with *4* Salt & Vinegars, but *5* Cheese & Onions!

It's so unfair. :-P

Also, keen observers may notice that you can get 14 bags for £1.99 (working out at just over 14p/packet), or 52 bags for £4.00 (working out at less than 8p/packet).

Now, I have to say, maybe it's just me, but even if I only wanted 14 bags, I don't think I could convince myself that it wasn't worth buying 52 ;)

7 comments:

  1. I've noticed this too. A friend once handed me a coupon for extra Clubcards points if I bought the 16 packs of Cheese & Onion, and I was like ..... 'erm, right, thanks'

    It's discrimination I tell you! I agree with you - why doesn't Salt & Vinegar get the same rights and entitlments?

    Is Cheese & Onion *really* the most popular flavour? Or are Walkers presuming to make the decision for us, deciding that that flavour is the one we SHOULD like the most? Perhaps the Chief Exec of Walkers likes Cheese & Onion best, and therefore has chosen what he'd like, and not bothered to ask what we'd like?

    Perhaps we should go on a protest march!! "Equal Rights for Salt & Vinegar!"

    ;o)


    (Roast Chicken too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...you could always come over here to the US and then you could have all the salt and vinegar chips you wanted. (they're my favorite) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess I do like ready salted crinkle crisps (M&S ones are great) but am not overkeen on ordinary ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in as a fully paid up memeber of the SnV club (ooh-err ;) ).

    You're right, it's total discrimination, and we should write to Walkers forthwith demanding multi packs of Salt and Vinegar!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mindy: That's favourite ;)

    nm: I don't dislike plain, but they are a bit boring :) Although! I did put some in a wrap recently (along with chicken, chicken, mustard, pickle, honey & mustard dressing - it was a "wrap" equivilient of a pancake ;) ), and they did work quite well there for adding some unexpected crunch! :)

    See, and Jen joins with the popular opinion to show that, overall, we have clearly, clearly proved that Salt & Vinegar is the better of the flavours, and there is some sort of top-secret conspiracy going on.

    brb, there's a group of men in suits knocking at my door...

    Wait! No! NO! Arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh-.

    ReplyDelete
  6. monk,

    i know i forgot that extra u in favourite, don't take away my honourary statis, PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mindy, It's not an EXTRA u, it's that you miss it out. ;o)

    ReplyDelete