Thursday, November 23, 2006

Not Again...

This is getting silly, the last few times I've taken a little holiday, I've finished it thinking... I need a holiday! :)

Long day today, and somewhat worn out now. Even had a li'l nap when I got in, so I feel a bit better for that, actually :)

I saw this fellow around today, and I thought Roses and Ing would appreciate the pic ;)



Bigger and taller than me, but I suspect Ing in his body armour and helmet would be more than fair competition :)

He was a bit quiet and motionless, but I think he was just preparing to leap into action should he spot a platoon of Covenant warriors around the corner :)

I gather he's "between jobs" at the moment, hence the reason he's hanging out here in a computer games shop, rather than out saving the world. He does expect things to get fairly busy sometime next year, though ;)

What else did I do? Oh, I bought... some wrapping paper.

And, I was outraged, outraged by BHS's blatant display of astoundingly good value on Christmas cards that left me lost to know what to do.
I thought, since it always takes me roughly six bazillion years to choose cards, that I'd have a quick glance around at the Christmas cards. I find choosing something that 1. I like, 2. I think the other person would like, 3. Has acceptable words, quite awkward :)
Anyway, didn't want to spend £6 on one in Clintons, then saw some nice hand-made ones in BHS for only £2.80 (30% off)!

BUT... BUT... I started picking one up I liked... And it was six, yes SIX for £2.80! Now, as I was thinking of cards for family, I don't want to send those cards to different people! And I also can't send them the same cards for six years! ;)
So stuck in that confusing quandry, I ended up not buying any :)

I'll try to blog again later on other stuff. Right now, I've just put on Shawshank Redemption, and we have pizza :) More importantly, I have Chicken Strippers, Potato Wedges, and Chicken Dunkers :D Yum yum :) Fancied this after a long day, today :)

2 comments:

  1. Phwar...Master Chief! Thanks IM. Just what I needed to round my day off.

    Pizza and stuff sounded yummy.

    The whole idea about holidays is that you are supposed to use them to recover from the stress of your work and life. You only feel anywhere near reasonable the night before you're due to go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he's definitely not my cup of tea, lol.

    Sounds like you covered some ground today. I loved the BHS cards too but was tempted into buying some other 'chirity' ones instead.

    Shawshank Redemption (wonders if she's seen it)

    ReplyDelete