Sunday, July 09, 2006

Haircut

More random observations from my day.

I got my hair cut earlier.

I didn't recognise the woman who did it. I'm not sure whether she was new or whether I just hadn't seen/remebered her before.

From the moment she started cutting it though, she felt too fast, too aggressive.

I found myself staring at her in the mirror most of the time, trying to work out whether she just didn't care, whether she wasn't very good, whether she wanted to just get home, or whether there was something wrong. I almost thought about asking, but even if I'd have had the guts too, I decided not to mention it because of the other hairdresser cutting the hair of the person next to me. I didn't really want to suggest there was something wrong with what she was doing.

I never did figure it out.

The person next to me was there when I arrived, and still getting his hair cut when I left.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it though, and that's what counts. Although I did worry when she got the razor out to do my neck... ;)

4 comments:

  1. I aim for a morning appointment when (one would hope) hair designers are full of energy and inspiration.

    Of course, we need to see a cleverly angled picture now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianne makes a good point - probably best to aim for morning.

    I must say, going to the hairdressers always puts the fear of god into me - all that waving about of sharp instruments next to my head. And I'm not the most assertive person in the world, so I've ended up with some stonkingly bad hair dos over the years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how the smallest things produce the most comments :)

    I had been intending to go in the morning, but didn't actually get out until somewhat later.

    Most of the time I'm not too bothered by them - probably helped by them using the shaver thingy more than scissors quite a lot on me.

    Not sure about the picture, though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how the smallest things produce the most comments :)

    ya think!.....hahaha.....rofl

    ReplyDelete