Friday, July 21, 2006

Mini-Rant

Sorry, I flittered my time away on other things, leaving only time for a mini-rant.

  1. Blogger.  For sending me e-mails about my own comments.  Look, I know I said something, don't go getting me all excited about thinking I have new mail... when it turns out to be from me!

  2. Stupid people.  Or rather, people who don't think.  This can include clever people.  Like yesterday I finished shopping, went to put the trolley back, and grr! I had a big trolley instead of a little one for a change.  There were three rows of trolleys.  Big ones at the far left, then two rows of little ones.  The right-hand little trolley row was practically empty.  The middle row was so long, it came out the trolley shelter and into the carpark, off at an angle enough that you couldn't actually get to the 3rd (big trolley) row. HELLO PEOPLE!? Add trolley to SHORT row! Not the long one! How much thought does that take?
  3. Trolleys that require you to put your money in.  As you may guess from 2. I normally try to put my trolley back neatly.  The fact that they don't trust me to do that is a little irritating.  Yesterday, I would have rearranged some of the trolleys, but couldn't as I didn't have a spare pound to pull some out to move them to the other row.

  4. Me.  For not having gone to bed yet.

  5. Me.  For not making my mind up whether I want to buy an air con unit.  I mean I thought about it around a month ago, but figured we could make do without one.  You can get the mobile ones for like £180 which isn't toooo bad. But I don't want a big one.  And I might as well get one that can heat as well as cool, or it's a lot of storage space on something we hardly use.  Wait, now I'm at small+cheap+heats as well as cools, and more at £250.  So I decide not to get one.  Obviously, I'm still not sure about that. It's too hot!

  6. The trainee I've been working with. For having so so much potential and being very clever with some things - but completely ignoring what he's told and never thinking about what he does!
    Perfect example of a clever person who doesn't think. Oh, and incidentally, if you're ever telling a story that includes the line, "...but me mate was so high on acid...", then it's probably not suitable for the workplace.

  7. Me.  For being completely honest to my boss about the state of said trainee.  I could make all the difference, and it's a little intimidating to think about how I could be completely changing the course of his life.

  8. Me.  For being guilty about it, when it's a perfectly reasonable and sensible thing to do.

  9. The weather, for being too hot.  It shouldn't be this hot and sticky at 1:30am!!

I think that will do for now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment