Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tedious Links

There ARE a lot of coincidences flying about today!

There I was, talking about cookies, when it then transpired that Hanni was too! While writing something about that, I was also posting a comment to Hanni's blog, and talking to my sister about the new PC I will be building her. Searching for "Shuttle" on Kelkoo (the name of the PC case manufacturer), I bumped into a "Snow Shuttle" (Another link to Hanni).

At the same time as all of that, we also have the TV on. This had prompted me to think about think about listing some TV programmes that I like. Actually, I thought about it earlier when Brainiac was on, and I thought about it now, while QI was on. Well, strangely enough, QI (BBC) just showed an excerpt of Brainiac (Sky)! (On QI, Stephen Fry asked whether "Jesus could walk on custard" - the answer was "Yes! As much as you or I!", as then illustrated by the test they did on Brainiac)

I quite like those sorts of informative/sciencey shows which can also make you laugh :) Mythbusters (Discovery Channel) is another good one.

Something also reminded me today of Dave Gorman. Nothing specifically informative or sciencey about him, but his "Googlewhack Adventure" (available on DVD, and I think it may also have been on TV recently) is a fantastic story, and absolutely hilarious, and I would recommend it to anyone (well, I was a bit hesistant when I showed it to my parents, as he does swear quite a bit, but it is definitely worth watching :)

More random thoughts from my day:
- I was initially pleased today that I remembered not only my MP3 player, but also to put some MP3s on it.
- While on a walk in the sun earlier, I then couldn't decide whether it was better to listen to music, or the wind and the birds. In the end, as it was a change to have music, I left it on.
- Got a bit knackered. Lots of good songs came up, and they were all ones with a fast beat! So obviously you walk faster with bouncey music, and I really could have done with a few more chilled tunes in there ;)
- I had been thinking about doing some shopping tonight (we don't NEED to yet), but my wife phoned and asked me to pick her up as it was too hot to walk home (especially in heels).
- She then sulked that we didn't have any ice-cream
- Thought I would see what I could do using a tin of peaches, some milk, and some drinking chocolate. I wasn't sure I could make a sensible combination (I was probably thinking: Peaches, very lightly dusted with some drinking chocolate, just to give it a bit of a sweeter taste (she had already complained that fruit alone (by which I mean an item of fruit, rather than tinned) wasn't sweet enough as some dessert (lots of brackets))))
- It turned out that using those ingredients, I would definitely have struggled. The milk has now started turning into cheese, and it turns out our tinned fruit was "use by August... 2005". She did not seem keen on the idea of "a sprinkle of drinking chocolate in a bowl". Pff! ;)
- Before I said I'd try doing something else for some dessert, she had been going to have a cookie (But, she had said, "I don't really want a cookie at the moment but there's nothing else"), so we each ended up having a cookie. But I was mean and didn't let her have two :-P (Well they're special holiday cookies, we don't want to go eating them all in one go now, do we!)

Right, and remaining random, here are two photos I took today. The first was just to illustrate some of the things I have dribbled about recently, and include two very exciting things. However, most people will find only one of those things exciting ;) Actually, here AREN'T two photos I took today, as Blogger now tells me it is down for maintenance.
But I'm not going to leave this post as a draft when I've posted all these clearly exciting things which just positively can't wait to be posted until the morning!

Not that anyone would notice the difference between now and in the morning, but it's not the point! It's the principle! So there.

=== Update, 19/07/06 08:15 ===



Left: My new keyboard with my cookies behind
Right: Sandwich I made for lunch after my walk yesterday. Sandwiches. They're not just food, they're art! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment