Saturday, August 26, 2006

De-Stressing

I suppose that's what I'm doing at any rate :)

Spent £300 on new computer bits the other day (they arrived yesterday :) (CPU, 2gig RAM)

Ordered a new Sony Ericsson K800i last night :) (£35/month, half price for 11 months, 12 month contract)

Spent aaages dithering about both :) Pretty excited about the phone though, I've never really gone for a whizzy one before, and I've been wanting one with a camera for a while, and it's supposedly got a really good camera (for a phone) in it :) (My current phone is a Nokia 3220, which is ok, but a little boring)

Anyway, I'm at my parents at the moment. Got my sister's new PC built today, got Windows & Office installed, and now comes the unenviable task of getting all those other bits and bobs she wants sorted ;)

I came over here on my own. Since I moved out, I only remember having come over here alone once before, and I don't actually remember when/why that was, but I don't think it was especially significant.
This time though, I suggested a couple of days ago I might go on my own. I thought it might make for a small break. I thought perhaps it'd give her a bit of space to think about things.
Following on from previous conversations, she seemed to have started the week on a fairly positive note, but by the end she'd already been seeming to have lost a bit of that energy. Regardless, it's difficult sometimes to go to bed with the person you love night after night and (at the start of the week) to get a little attention but not quite enough, or (at the other end of the week), to get nothing at all.
So I thought a break for a couple of days might be nice. She was a bit hurt that I wanted her not to come.
I relatively often don't go to her parents (nothing against her parents, I quite like both of them - even if her Dad's a bigger pessimist than she is ;), but I tend to quite like having a bit of space for a weekend and milling about whenever you want and putting a film on or something whenever I want :)
So, anyway, I'll give her a ring in a little while and find out how she's spent her day (She always calls me each night before bed when she goes to her parents).

Sorry, I seem to have got a bit rambly in all of that :) I thought I only had like three things to say (bought two things, at parents without her), but look how much space I managed to use in saying it ;)

9 comments:

  1. I've just been reading back over your archives, and probably not the time/place to bring it all up here, but seriously, my heart goes out to you.

    Sorry if that sounds trite/rubbish/patronising or anything, believe me it's not meant to be at all.Like Hanni mentioned in one of her comments, I got to the end of your no holes barred post (erm, so to speak), and wanted to just give you a hug.I don't know, god this really isn't coming out as I intended, sorry about this, just felt incredibly saddened.

    Ok, I've really made a mess of that haven't I :( But, just wanted you to know that, although I can't pretend to imagine what it must feel like, I truly sympathise with you.

    On a lighter note: You're a programmer :-) That made me smile; my OH is a programmer too hehe.Knew there was a reason I liked you ;) lol.

    Anyway, apologies again for the hash I made of that, but hope you got the gist of it?

    Take Care,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah it's ok. There isn't especially a time/place worse than any other to mention it :)

    I know it's not easy to comment on most of the personal stuff I post. I wouldn't have a clue what to say to me ;)

    But I understand exactly what you're saying. Thank you :)
    Oh and I know what you mean on "can't pretend to imagine what it must feel like" - I have read several things before and felt the same!

    Aha, and perhaps that's why you're the only person who reads my blog not to use Internet Explorer ;)
    I could live with FireFox, but Opera is my fave :)

    No hash made what-so-ever, gist got completely :)

    -IM
    PS. I'm a couple of days behind on your blog, but I'll try to get caught up again soon. A lot seems to have happened ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for understanding.I was really panicking after I wrote it that I may have made a complete fool of myself lol!

    And glad you got the gist of it ;)

    Re: firefox,ah yes, I love it.And was, unsurprisingly, introduced to it by my OH. He, however uses Opera :D
    And loves it.I've used it when I've been on his comp and agree it's v good.

    I can not be doing with IE-it's slow and cumbersome and seems let every virus/trojan going in. But, the award for worst Broswer surely must go to AOL.I have 'suffered' the indignity of having to use AOL whilst back at my parents.Eight months of AOL= wanting to tear my hair out.Isn't it *terrible* And it crashes about every 20 minutes lol.

    Anyway, I'm rambling now.

    Re: my blog, ah probably not much has happened, I just feel the urhe to write every day lol, and feel 'guilty' if I don't.I know, weird-eh?

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has the wee bit of spac helped at all?

    And, (this isn't important, but I'm nosy)did you take your sister any choccie/baked goods? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That should have said "wee bit of space".

    I will learn to proofread, one day, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I went around worrying about everything I said... Oh wait, yeah, I see where you're coming from ;)

    As I have said before, I am just welcome to receive comments and thoughts :)
    I mean obviously when I started this I didn't know what sort of comments I'd be getting, so was relatively prepared for all sorts. I can clearly see the sentiment behind yours (and, of course, all the others I have received!), and it was written well (as with all your writings) that I had no problem understanding what you meant :)

    Ahh, it's good to hear of other Opera users :) That upstart FireFox gets all the publicity ;)

    The speed of IE is my biggest annoyance. Especially when all you want to do is go back a page and it takes aaaages sometimes. Grrr :)
    Fortunately, I've never had to put up with AOL :)

    Suz: Perhaps, but I'm not sure. Will have to see how it feels when I get back home. Not specifically thinking about it at the moment (which was half the point :), so will have to see how it is when I get back. Not sure yet whether I will go back later today or tomorrow.

    No, I must admit I'm afraid I have and brought no baked goods :)
    I actually did think about it when you said I could have always surprised my sister by bringing some with me, but I didn't really have time to get ingredients. Or a suitable baking tray ;) Let alone time to actually make any ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the compliment ;)

    And loved your comment about Firefox being the upstart that gets all the publicity!

    I hear you on the lack of baking ingredients/utensils.Although, Suz has greatly inspired me to at least *try* and create something that resembles a cake.No matter if it's edible ;)

    Hope you (continue) to have a good time at your sister's

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Monk, started reading your blog alot more now. Can't really add to the tech-talk as you've kinda all lost me there.

    But as regards the relationship thing, a little space to breathe is probably what you need mate. You'll come back and look at everything with fresh eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen: Well it is! ;) I've been using Opera for as long as I've used the PC (I even paid for it - twice :), and it's kind of a shame that FireFox comes along and gets such a huge swathe of users.

    ing: Yeah, just feel free to ignore the tech talk ;)
    If you do stick around ;), it'll be cool (if not in some ways more embaressing) to get another bloke's opinions on some of my posts :)

    ReplyDelete