Thursday, August 31, 2006

Unanswerables

I got myself a bit caught up in trying to ask myself a bunch of questions recently that I couldn't actually answer.

As it happens, I think a lot of them probably don't matter. As Dianne has (roughly) said before, it's more about where to go than where you came from. Well, it was something along those lines anyway :)

I think I'm not actually in a position to ask myself questions at the moment, and that's one of the problems.

I think I just need to keep myself chilled for a few days and see how things go at Relate. Although I am still a little worried at the moment as to whether a Psycho-Sexual Therapist (who we will be seeing) or Relationship Counselling would be most appropriate.
I only conciously thought about the one thing/problem for a long time (pff, typical man ;), but I'm not so sure at the moment. Anyway. That could just be because I'm down for the usual reasons.

3 comments:

  1. Aaaah, bliss! My house is empty and i don't have to be at work until 10am.
    Good news about your appointment, i wouldn't concern yourself too much with being in the wrong 'department' of Relate, they are pretty good at spotting when another area needs addressing and refering on.
    Having someone else at the 'helm' for a while is helpful in assuring couples that they are not on their own through their challenges. You seem to have aquired a good bunch of supportive commenters here also.

    I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I figured that at worst it's a good starting place :)

    More Relate-related news:
    - It will be at our local "outpost" Relate, which is good, as that was much easier to get to than the main branch nearest us.
    - It will be with someone we haven't met yet.
    - On Monday Evening, they'll see us both together for 30mins, and then speak to one of us alone for 30mins.
    - At the following meeting, they'll speak to just the (other) one of us for an hour.
    - So that we don't end up getting there and doing an "After you", "No no, after you" sort of thing, my wife appeared to suggest that I get first "go" for the 30mins on Monday, although she didn't appear to have a strong preference.

    Right, off to get some work done now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. IM-Don't beat yourself up about being unable to asnwer your own questions-it'll only make you feel worse.

    I think sometimes we're not meant to be able to answer ourselves, we've just got to wait and see 'what happens' (for want of a better expression). And if that waiting to see what happens is in the form of Relate, then that's a good thing. Don't try and do it all yourselves, it's too much of a buren, and no one, no matter what they say, is that strong.

    Take care of yourself,

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete