Thursday, August 10, 2006

No News is Good News

Hadn't posted anything, because I didn't really have anything to say :) Been feeling a bit more on top of things (if not people ;) again though :)

I've been very easily distracted at work recently, but I think I'm getting my concentration back there, too. Uhh, ok, I should be working now, but that's not my fault, that's the fault of people moaning about a lack of updates. I choose to ignore the fact that if I wasn't distracted, I wouldn't have known they were moaning about a lack of updates ;)

Speaking of holiday though, I knew three people who were due to be flying today! Two back from Germany (business) and one to Canada on holiday with his wife and six year old. Hah! He thought keeping her amused on an eight hour flight was going to be tough yesterday! Bet he's in high spirits today ;) Still, I suppose we shouldn't forget how lucky we are when we still have something to complain about.

I've still been thinking a bit about whether I should talk to someone, in a "professional" sense. Obviously, I have some great excuses why not to ;) (When/where, and feeling a bit better again recently anyway) Ok, lame excuses then, but tough luck ;) Anyway, I'm not denying I don't necessarily have some issues, nor am I saying that I think they'll go away on their own. So quit complainin' ;)

Wow, it's pissing it down outside :) Wait, no, easing off already. I don't think I'll go for a walk at lunch though ;)

In a continued bout of hypocrisy though ( :-P ), I did suggest to my wife that perhaps she should go talk to her doctor about stuff and see what he had to say. She has talked to her doc about specific issues before (e.g. food, migraines, lack of energy), but I suggested she try talking about them all as a package. I did, of course, offer to go with her (partly for myself, as an anti-excuse to my reasons earlier), but she said it would feel like when you're little and go with your mum or something :)

Actually, I hadn't thought about that recently. When she went before (hmm about two years ago I guess) about a lack of energy (and, or specifically, libido), they said she had an uhh under-(I think)-active thyroid, and that this would cause a lack of energy, low metabolism, putting on weight would be easy, taking it off would be hard, responsible for world war, lack of rain in deserts, etc. etc. And so they put her on thyroxin (what the thyroid produces) and said that everything would be wonderful, that she'd have more energy, magically lose weight, that war will end and that the deserts will bloom! Or something like that. Only... It didn't actually appear to make a blind bit of difference.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned to her before that she should talk to them about that, although I don't remember her telling me anything they said other than her throxin levels appear to be ok now.
Actually, I remember mentioning with the 2nd Relate counsellor we saw, after the Relate lady asked whether she was on any sort of medication and my wife said no. I mentioned it because it always stuck in my mind that it was supposed to be this like magic cure-all wonder which she got all excited about for a bit, and then nothing happened.

Hrmm, looks like I had more to write about than I realised! Although I hadn't actually thought about most of that until I started writing.

Anyway, I think I have to go spank myself for not having done any work in the last hour now ;)

PS. Oh, and it's stopped raining and the sun's come out again. Well, it had when I wrote that, but then I got distracted and it's gone again :) Thought it was pretty cool driving home yesterday - really cloudy and overcast, but with some bits illuminated by sunshine :) Always makes me think when it looks cloudy in the sky but things are lit up by sunshine :)
PPS. Nope, now it's raining again :) ... No, no... stopped again actually :) Good old British weather ;)

3 comments:

  1. It may be a couple of days before all flights are restored.

    Indeed, it is one of those days when complaints from stranded passengers are like music to our ears!

    Am off myself this weekend for two weeks, driving distance only, thank goodness.

    Glad you're ok :)
    Hope the weather clears and you manage to find a cushion for your bottom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! :) Couldn't work out what you were talking about with that last line, then re-read what I wrote and almost laughed out (too) loud ;)

    People keep saying the weather is going to get hotter again, so I hope you have good weather :) ... But not TOO hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know to people who are due to be flying back from London and Uganda and I drea to think where they are now. It's all so worrying.

    ReplyDelete