Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dunkin' Biccies

I confess, I'm a biscuit dunker :)

Especially with that ~10:30am cup of tea. I've just woken up enough by then to appreciate a little food (well, breakfast ;), and to properly enjoy it with me cup of tea :)
Rather than proper biscuits, I tend to actually favour small chocolate bars. Fox's Rockys (the original/chocolate ones, not the caramel ones) are a good choice, as are Fox's Triples. They both have a good balance of biscuit and chocolate :)

Then you need to get the timing and temperature right. I tend to start my dunking when my tea's either too hot to drink, or just about right for me to start drinking.
But leave it in there for too long, and all of a sudden you lose the whole thing! ;) I try to aim for a crunchy biscuit with good amount of melted chocolate ;) And preferably without having lost half the chocolate into me mug :)

Fox's Echos (especially the minty ones) are nice too, as are Twixs and Clubs, but they're not so good for dunking in your tea. Wagon Wheels are a stuggle, unless you have a large mug ;)

Speaking of Wagon Wheels, I was reminded to start this post just now after I had a doughnut.

"What!?" I hear you say, "Speaking of Wagon Wheels you just had a doughnut? What are you dribbling about man, where's the connection!?"

Well, this morning (at around the time of the 10:30 tea round ;), I thought about the dunking part of this post, but I restrained myself from jumping on and writing it (Some nonsense about "I really should be doing some work"). Well, I just had a doughnut, and I found myself thinking as I ate it, I wonder how most people eat their doughnuts and similar food.
See, the connection between doughnuts and (jammy) Wagon Wheels is... The jam!

See, with doughnuts and Wagon Wheels and Jaffa Cakes, I always find myself nibbling around the outside and then having the jammy (or orangey, in the case of Jaffa Cakes) bit last. And 'lo, for I found myself wondering, is this common practice? (..practise..practice..I think it's the one with the "c") I surely am not alone in my jam-avoidance eating, but what is the popular opinion?
And this time the urge to get this information out of my system was too strong ;)

So, to borrow a phrase from Cadbury's, "How do you eat yours?"

1 comment:

  1. I don't dunk. In fact, astonishing thought this may be, I'm not a big biscuit eater. I'm partial to a jaffa cake, but they aren't biscuits, imho. Well, they are called 'cakes' :-)

    ReplyDelete