Friday, August 25, 2006

Well bugger me sideways

I never realised (or remembered, or clicked, or thought about it - one of those) that these:


Were the same as these:


I had a conversation where I mentioned "dandelions (those white fluffy things)" shortly followed by "dandelions (those yellow things)"... Shortly followed by "hang on, which one's which, then?" and it was subsequently pointed out to me what a plonker I was being ;)

I probably had heard that before, it's just that it clearly hadn't sunk in ;)


Note: No, I didn't take these pictures. I "borrowed" them from here and here.

5 comments:

  1. That is bizarre. I was thinking about the *exact* same thing the other day. I photographed one when it was fluffy and it didn't dawn on me for yonks they were the same as the yellow things.

    Thank God - it isn't just me who thinks about these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I may steal your post title at some point. That expression has always made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-)

    I love fluffy dandelions! I'm a very tactile person, and very receptive to how things feel.Hence why I'm a sucker for all things soft and/or fluffy lol.

    Sorry not very constructive I know ;)

    Also: love the title too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you can't go far wrong with a comedic over the top title sometimes ;)

    Suz, I was thinking about using your "Still I think I'm doin' fine..." recently.

    snow: Perhaps, but it's much less fun ;) What would 5th November be like without fireworks? ;)

    Jen: Sounds like my sister :) Her biggest soft and fluffy obsession is sheep :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww sheep are cute too.God I'm search a *girl* (sighs dramtically) lol.

    ReplyDelete